Paul Griggs is a Melbourne based music, portrait and wedding photographer. His work is journalistic in style with an emphasis on black and white photography.
After establishing himself in Tasmania and gaining a widespread reputation that saw him undertake assignments throughout Australia and overseas Paul relocated to his present inner Melbourne address in Clifton Hill. From here he has continued to photograph weddings while pursuing a growing interest in black and white environmental portraits.
Paul is recognised by his peers as a master of photography and his work has been highly awarded.
• Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP) Awards
• 2 Gold Awards
• 35 Silver Awards
• Ilford Trophy [highest scoring print]
• Athol Shmith Award [highest scoring B&W print] x 2
• John Whitefield King Award [wedding photojournalistic] x 2
• AIPP Triple Master of Photography.
• ACMP Australian Photographers Collection x 5
• ‘Homes of Devon’, Devonport Gallery Permanent Collection – 40 images
• AGFA national advertising campaign
• Industry Credentials
Paul’s work and professional commitment has been widely acknowledged through his various invitations to speak at conferences and photography colleges and his industry representations.
• National Photographic Conference – Ayers Rock
• AIPP National and State Conferences – Perth, Hobart, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane.
• AIPP National Student Awards 2000
• Photography Studies College
• RMIT University
• Past President AIPP Tasmania
• Past Board Member National AIPP
• Judge at AIPP National Awards
• Judge at ACMP Collection